Ashley’s Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars
- 1 16.5-ounce tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 20-ounce can of apple pie filling
- Cinnamon sugar: ¼ cup of granulated sugar and 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Press ⅔ of the cookie dough into the bottom of an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle with ⅔ of the cinnamon sugar.
- Spread the apple pie filling over the cookie base.
- Take small amounts of the remaining cookie dough, flatten it slightly, and place over the pie filling. It will not cover the pie filling completely.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven until the cookie dough is baked – mine took about 35-40 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool, then cut.
Makes: 9 bars | Total Time: 1 hour
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Ashley Gagnon
Family: My hubby, Aaron Gagnon
Community of Residence: San Elijo
Interests: Crafting, baking, and hanging out with my husband.
Favorite Local Activity: Paper Source has fun card-making classes.
About the Recipe: It’s quick and very easy! Enjoy alone or with vanilla ice cream on top.
About the Chef: I work for the school district, but I enjoy being in my kitchen. Baking or cooking, I love the smells!