Kaylah’s Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- 2 ½ cups of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup (Add more to taste if desired)
- ¼ cup coconut milk (We add about 2 tablespoons more.
Also, if you have a thick brand of coconut milk then use ⅛ of coconut milk and 4 tablespoons of water.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2-3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-count muffin tin and lightly oil with coconut oil or use muffin liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Pour in coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- Fold in blueberries and add cinnamon.
- Distribute into muffin tin. Sprinkle lightly with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. For best results, put in the middle of the oven. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Makes: 12 blueberry muffins | Total Time: 10 minutes preparation and 25 minutes cooking
Name of Chef: Kaylah M. Lindauer
Family: Louria Lindauer
Community: San Marcos
Hobbies & Interests: Cooking, art, being creative, polishing my nails, gymnastics, swimming, decorating, playing with friends and family, and just having fun
Favorite Local Activity: Going to beach and swimming at the pool
About the Recipe: Healthy blueberry muffin made with almond and coconut flour, and it’s all natural ingredients. I was excited about making the muffin healthy and showing my creative side.
About the Chef: Kaylah is a person who is full of life, excitement, and as her mom shared, “She leaves a sparkle everywhere she goes!” She loves her family, her two dogs, learning, and to explore. She loves the sunshine of San Diego since she just moved here from Michigan where it is really cold most of the year. She loves to cook, finds the good in most people, and is extremely creative, caring, compassionate, and helpful.
Get Published! Submit a recipe at www.92078magazine.com