Lela and Steve’s Spicy Shrimp with Papaya Salsa
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ¼ pounds large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cubed papaya
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Prepare the grill for a hot fire, using the direct method. Spray a grill basket with non-stick spray.
- Combine the paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat
- To make the salsa, combine the papaya, scallions, and lime juice in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the shrimp in the grill basket and place the grill basket on the grill rack. Grill the shrimp until just opaque in the center, 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve the shrimp with the salsa.
Makes: 4 servings • Total Time: 30 minutes
About the Chefs
Chefs: Lela Hankins and Steve Hall
Family: Yoda the cat
Community: San Marcos
Hobbies & Interests: Cooking, gardening, pairing wine with food
Favorite Local Activity: Visiting San Diego Zoo Safari Park
About the Recipe: You will love the spicy, south-of-the border flavors of this shrimp dish, which looks and tastes spectacular with colorful, sweet papaya salsa. We found this in the July/August 2005 issue of Weight Watchers Magazine and have made it frequently since. We usually serve it with jasmine rice.
About the ChefS: We enjoy cooking together! We often try to create the recipes of meals we have enjoyed in local restaurants. We work full time as realtors, so recipes that we can put together quickly are our favorites.
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.92078MAGAZINE.COM