Nana Grace’s Pumpkin Bread
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup shortening
- 2 ⅔ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 ⅓ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅔ cub chopped nuts
- ⅔ cup raisins, craisins, or dates
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Stir in eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Stir in nuts and raisins, craisins, or dates.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar, let cool, and enjoy!
About the Chef
Chef: Shyanne Lopez
Profession: ZCode Associate Editor
Family: Mom, stepdad, siblings Matt and Jackie, and Nana Grace; boyfriend – Brandon; rescue pup – Cali
Hobbies & Interests: Writing, reading, hiking, visiting new eateries, and connecting with the community, of course!
Favorite Local Activity: Grabbing lunch at Board & Brew after a trip to the beach
About the Recipe: This yummy loaf is the perfect solution to any pumpkin puree you’ve stocked up on for fall. My Nana makes this treat every year and it’s truly my favorite snack for the colder months, so this year I took a stab at it myself!
About the Chef: As ZCode Associate Editor, I’m having a great time getting to know all the wonderful people, places, and things to do in North County.
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.92078MAGAZINE.COM