- 600 grams thinly sliced beef (rib eye or top sirloin)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Red onion and lettuce for garnish
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 scallions cut into small pieces
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon each soy sauce, mayonnaise, and Mirin
- 2 tablespoon ground sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon each vinegar and white wine
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. If using packaged pre-sliced meat, separate the slices. Add the meat and vegetables to the marinade and toss gently to combine everything well. Marinate the meat for about an hour.
- Grill on a charcoal or gas grill or pan fry in a skillet over high heat until slightly caramelized. Preheat and lightly oil with sesame oil before adding the meat. If pan frying, do not crowd the skillet.
- Sesame sauce: mix all the ingredients well!
- Garnish with sliced vegetables on top of Bulgogi, drizzle with sesame sauce.
- Enjoy delicious Bulgogi!
Makes: 4 servings • Total Time: 1hour, 15 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Jamie Chae
Family Members: Husband – Carlie
Community of Residence: Rosemont
Hobbies & Interests: Cooking and baking
About the Recipe: I would like to introduce you to this popular Korean dish called Bulgogi!
About the Chef: My husband and I run a deli in Carlsbad named La Place Deli. We serve sandwiches, salads, and lots of Asian dishes. My dream is becoming a famous baker and cook!