Real Estate Watch – Berkshire Hathaway
Rent vs. Buy
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Making This Decision
At a certain point in our lives we ask ourselves… “Maybe it’s time to buy a house?” This time could come when all of your friends are starting to make major life changes. Or this time could come several years after you short sold your home.
When that time happens there are 8 questions that you should ask yourself. According to CAR Market Matters and Credit.com consider the following questions:
1. What is your top financial priority?
2. Do you have enough money for a down payment and the money to cover the closing costs?
3. What is the comparison between home prices and rent prices?
4. How long do you plan to live here in the area?
5. Can you qualify for a mortgage? And is that mortgage your best option?
6. As a homeowner, what additional costs will you be responsible for in addition to your monthly mortgage payment?
7. Are you ok with the risks of owning a home?
8. How would owning a home affect your lifestyle?
These are questions only you can answer. But we are here as a resource to help you with the knowledge you need to feel comfortable with the final choice you make. Longevity, experience, and knowledge are key factors to consider when looking for a Realtor®.
Ranked as one of the top three teams in the Carlsbad Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties office for transactions, we are your first and only call for all of your real estate needs.