Jonathan’s Oreo Ice Cream Bar Cake
- Ice cream bars, 1 bar per person
- Whipped cream
- Package of Oreos
- Start by placing the ice cream sandwich bars on your plate in a square or rectangular shape. You should have 1 bar for each person.
- Once you have your bottom layer laid out, mix up crushed Oreos into some whipped cream to taste. Spread the Oreo-mixed whipped cream mixture on top of the first layer of ice cream bars to a thickness of ¼ inches. Place a second layer of ice cream bars on top of the layer of Oreo-mixed whipped cream.
- Now cover the entire cake in a coating of plain whipped cream. Crush up some Oreos and sprinkle them around the outside of the ice cream cake.
- Finally, place 2 half-cut Oreos on top of each ice cream bar. Cut the cake so that each person will get 2 halves of an ice cream bar in their piece and enjoy!
- Note: At any point you may place the whole thing in the freezer to prevent it from getting too soft.
Makes: Minimum of 4 servings, but can easily be scaled up as needed. Total Time: 10-15 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Jonathan Williams
Family Members: Mother – Inez, brother – Michael
Community of Residence: San Marcos
Hobbies & Interests: Baking, going on walks, going to the movies, hanging out with friends, and trying out new restaurants
Favorite Local Activity: I love checking out all of the different hiking trails around San Marcos.
About the Recipe: I love baking and am always on the lookout for new recipes to put my own spin on. I originally found this recipe without the Oreos and thought it could use something to make it extra special.
About the Chef: I love living in the City of San Marcos and taking advantage of everything the city has to offer. I love finding recipes and putting my own spin on them. Going on hikes and enjoying the views the city has to offer is one of my favorite activities. I also enjoy hanging out with friends, seeing great movies, and trying out new restaurants.
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.92078MAGAZINE.COM